Save the Date to Attend the 16th Annual USPTO Design Day
The 2023 iteration of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)’s annual Design Day will be held on May 4, 2023, with options to attend either in-person at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia or virtually.
Registration will be made available in April 2023, and we will share the sign-up link with our blog readers at that time. Quarles’ design patent attorneys have spoken at previous Design Days and will once again be in attendance at this year’s event.
This year’s event features:
- A welcome address from Director of USPTO Technology Center 2900, Karen Young;
- An update on international developments from the USPTO’s Office of Policy and International Affairs;
- A speech by Kathy Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO;
- Information on how design patent infringement trials work;
- A presentation on different IP paths by Damian Porcani, Director, Midwest Regional USPTO Office;
- A summary of the most important design patent caselaw decisions over the past year from the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, various U.S. district courts, and the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB);
- and more!
Design Day is co-sponsored by American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), and the USPTO.